How to Choose a Mosquito Head Mesh Net
When it comes to mosquito head nets, there are many brands and types to choose from. The market has everything from nets that are connected to hats to small portable nets that fit into any backpack or stuff sack. There are several factors that separate one net from another, such as the number of holes per square inch, price, and even the material used.
The first key piece is to determine how often you will need to use the net. If you plan on using it daily for outdoor activities, such as gardening or fishing, you will need a much more durable net than one meant only for the occasional hiking excursion or camping trip.
The netting material is another consideration. Polyester mesh is much more durable than nylon; however, it may not be as breathable. In addition, polyester can be a bit warmer than nylon. Of course, the price for such nets will be more costly than nylon as well; however, they will not need to be replaced as often as their nylon counterparts.
Additionally, you will need to decide between a net hat or a mosquito net to use with your own stand-alone hat. There are options in which hats are included that are both affordable and fashionable. If you are the type of person who prefers not to have the net directly on your hair or skin, then you may wish to include the hat in your decision-making process. Most nets that include the hat are hidden and easy to store inside the hat until the net is actually needed. An added benefit is that you do not have to keep reaching into the carrying case or your backpack to grab the net when you need it. You just pull it down from the hat to make it work.
Finally, you need to determine your budget. If you want to buy a quick fix for a one-time trip, you may only want to spend a few dollars. However, if you are looking for a net to last a while and one that can be used over and over again, it may be best to invest up to $10 and purchase an insect head net that is built to last.
Do You Need a Mosquito Head Net?
A mosquito head net is probably the most necessary item you can carry in your backpack or your fishing box. If you are an outdoors aficionado, you know that mosquitoes and biting bugs can ruin your outdoor excursion in a heartbeat. The swampier the area, the more likely you will be run out by pesky mosquitoes. This means that in order to enjoy your outdoor activities, you cannot afford to not use a mosquito head net.
An insect head net not only protects your face from insect bites, but it also helps protect your neck and keep flying insects from bothering your eyes and getting into your mouth. All of these features of a mosquito head net make it necessary to include them in your camping and outdoor excursion gear. Otherwise, you may find that you are spending more time tending to your mosquito bites and swatting bugs away from your face than enjoying your outdoor activities.
- Choose your price point
- Do your research
- Determine the reason you need to use a mosquito head net
- Determine if you want extra protection like Insect Shield
- Choose nylon or polyester
- Decide if you want the headwear included or purchased separately
- Remember nylon is not as durable as polyester
- Remember to check the number of holes per square inch
- Research the area in which you will use the net to see what type of biting insects are prevalent
- Buy more than one package if you are buying the less expensive brands
- Price shop. Some stores carry the same product for much more money than other stores
- Make sure you have a safe way to transport the net to avoid damage
What to Look For in a Mosquito Net?
As discussed above, there are many different qualities to look for when buying a mosquito head net or net hat. Issues such as effectiveness, durability, price, ease of transport, and material are key factors to determine which products to buy.
- Durability. Durability can be among the most important features for a mosquito head net. The last thing anyone wants is to be in the middle of an outdoor experience and the net mesh rips, letting all of the mosquitoes and other biting insects into your personal space. Therefore, it is essential to make sure that the product you buy is durable and will at least last as long as the packaging suggests.
- Price. Price is always a factor. And while you get what you pay for, mosquito head nets are not that costly in the first place. Even with a net hat, you will likely spend no more than $20 or $25. If you are spending much more than this price, it is not a wise purchase and should be reconsidered.
- Weight. Remember this product will be on your head and neck. Do not purchase a product that weighs heavily and drapes too close to your face, as it will be uncomfortable. The goal with any head net is to make sure it is not too heavy and can easily move with you.
- Comfort. This brings us to the next quality: comfort. It is essential that you are comfortable with your head net. If you are using a mosquito head net, you are likely in a warmer climate and outdoors. This means the humidity is often high and it can get difficult to breathe. If you are not comfortable, you may experience anxiety and other issues that will make it even more difficult to function in such weather. Therefore, comfort is key when making such a purchase. Otherwise, you will not use the product and then it is completely ineffective.
- Design. Finally, you want the product to be well-designed. This means it needs to not only fit well, but it must be easy to transport. Make sure your mesh net is well packaged that it can be grabbed easily and will not rip or tear in the process. Many come with an easy-to-use carrying bag that will protect the product and make transport a breeze. Find the method that works best for you, whether it is the carrying case, an attached hat, or a disposable product intended for one or two uses only.
The idea of the mosquito head net mesh is to help you enjoy your outdoor activities without the risk of mosquito bites and other insects attacking you mid-event. When you are deciding which product is right for you, review everything carefully and look at customer reviews as well. Customers will be happy to tell you what their personal experience was to help you make the best decision for you.