How to Choose a Mosquito Net Canopy for Your Bed
Canopies are beautiful accompaniments to bedroom décor. However, in many parts of the world, canopies serve another purpose as protection against mosquitos and other biting bugs. We tested several mosquito netting bed canopies available on the market to find the best for the money.
There are many types of mosquito nettings for bed canopies. It can be a difficult choice to make if you try to make it without much of a thought. However, it is easy to choose the best type of netting for your needs if you map out your need. First, decide the size of the bed you need to fit. Are you looking to fit a baby crib or toddler bed? Maybe you need to fit a California King. Perhaps you’re looking for a princess bed canopy. The different types of netting can fit different sizes of beds, so make sure you chose accordingly.
Next, determine if you are looking for something that fits the posts of your bed or something that hangs from the ceiling. If you are looking for something that is indoor only, you are likely better suited by a canopy to fit the bedposts. However, outdoor options can hang from a tree easily.
Finally, choose your price-point. If you are looking to spend under $15, your choices are more limited than if you are willing to spend $35 or more. How much are you willing to budget for your bed & bath home improvements?
Do You Need Mosquito Netting for Your Bed?
If you live in an area that gets biting bugs in the summer our are sleeping outside, you need mosquito netting for your bed. Anyone who enjoys sleeping with fresh air in the summer needs to protect themselves from the mosquitos that can sneak into their home or in their backyard. Whether you live in areas that are prone to mosquitos or like to camp out once in a while in the summer, you cannot afford to be without mosquito netting for your bed.
- Measure your bed properly before buying your net
- Make sure you have the proper space for the type of installation
- Determine the number of openings best suited for your needs
- Buy your netting from a reputable dealer with a money-back guarantee
- Determine whether you need to use the netting outdoors or indoors or both
- Make sure it is portable if it will be used outdoors
- Do not buy a net too heavy to move or use for outdoor use
- Find a net that is easy to clean
- Fire-resistant polyester is likely the best material for outdoor use
What to Look For In a Mosquito Net?
When purchasing a mosquito net for your bed canopy, there are very specific factors you should look for.
- Portability. Is the netting portable? Does it come with an easy carrying case which makes it easy to transport? Portable nettings also have foldable loops, making transport as easy as possible.
- Durability. Is the netting durable? Most netting is made with polyester, which is extremely durable. Do not buy netting with any material that is not durable and will not withstand wind and rain.
- Openings. The number of openings can have a direct impact on how effective the netting will be to keep mosquitos out of your bed. The more openings a netting may have, the less protection it will provide.
- Indoor/Outdoor Use. If you need a versatile net, then make sure the net can be used both indoor and outdoor. Certain nets are only designed for indoor use and will not be beneficial to you in the open air.