How to Choose Mosquito Netting for a Stroller
Just as there are many types of strollers (or prams in British) to choose from, there are also many types of stroller netting in the market. However, when choosing a stroller net, there are several issues that you must keep in mind, from the amount of time you expect to need a baby mosquito net to the type of baby stroller you intend to cover with it.
First, determine the type of stroller you need to cover. Are you a jogger that will need to cover a jogging stroller? Do you use a play yard as much as a stroller wherein you will need the net for the play yard as well? Maybe you have twins or two children in a double stroller that you need the mosquito net for. Not all stroller nets are big enough to fit a double stroller and some are too wide to fit a jogging stroller. Therefore, it is essential you know the type of stroller you need to cover before making your purchase.
Next, you will need to determine your budget. Stroller nets are fairly inexpensive, to begin with; however, you may want to purchase more than one net, depending on your budget and your needs (for instance, for using with your child’s car seat, playpen, or bassinet, aside from your baby stroller). Additionally, if you have a budget of under $5, then you will be geared towards certain brands over others. This is why the budget is essential to help you determine what your needs are in relations to a net.
Finally, it is a good idea to determine your intended use of the stroller net. Do you walk daily? Maybe you are a jogger that likes to jog at twilight when mosquitoes are more prevalent. Maybe you’re only going to need the net once in a while, like for those zoo excursions or trips to the beach. Based on frequency and type of usage, you may wish to buy a stroller net made of fabric instead of nylon or vice versa. You may decide that you need to buy more than one net because you expect to use it more consistently as opposed to sporadically. These questions and answers will help you determine which net is best for your stroller and protecting your bundle of joy.
Do You Need Mosquito Netting for Your Stroller?
Your little ones are especially susceptible to mosquito and bug bites. Mosquitoes flock to them more than they flock to most adults. Yet, mosquitoes should never keep a parent or child from enjoying the outdoors. The problem is often discussed that many parents do not want to use chemicals in bug sprays on their infants or toddlers to protect from bugs. And sometimes, they do not have access to, know about, or trust the all-natural bug spray alternatives. This is where a mosquito net or bug cover for a baby stroller is not just useful, but essential. Mosquito nets for strollers help protect baby from mosquitoes, rain, and sun’s rays without the use of harmful chemicals. It is a no-brainer to spend a few extra dollars buying a mosquito net when purchasing stroller accessories.
- Determine the amount you expect to need or use the net
- Buy your stroller before you buy the net
- Buy a net that does everything you want, such as providing protection from sun and rain as well
- Make sure the net is durable and made of high-quality materials
- If it is not durable, buy more than one to keep a spare whenever needed
- Always keep more than one if you choose a less-than-durable net
- Conduct research into the material to consider what is best for your climate
- Always check for holes in the net that should not be present
- Do not overstretch your net.
- Buy the net best suited for your stroller.
What to Look for In a Mosquito Net?
Buying a mosquito net for your stroller is never something to be taken lightly. Mosquito nets for strollers are not just protecting any thing, they are protecting your babies. Therefore, the purchase of the net is as important as any other safety product you will buy to protect your babies as they grow and have new experiences. Here are some basic things to look for when you are looking into mosquito nets for your stroller.
- Check the durability of the net. Make sure the net will last longer than a few weeks. Check the material, number of holes per square inch, and customer reviews to determine if the net is made to last or quits after only a few weeks. If it is not the most durable net, buy more than one to always have a backup available.
- Check the size of the net and compare to your stroller’s dimensions. Not all nets are made equally. Just because a net says that it fits most standard strollers, does not mean it will fit all. Check its dimensions and then check your stroller. The net packaging may even indicate the exact strollers it is designed for. If it does, make sure your stroller is on the list.
- Test the net to make sure it slips on and stays on. Some elastics do not hold well. Therefore, the cover may slip on easily, but it may ride up even if you think it is secure. That said, make sure the stroller net stays in place and secures easily.
- Check to make sure the weight of the net is not too heavy. Most nets weigh only a few ounces, others a pound or more. Make sure your net is lightweight enough to keep baby comfortable.